Way back when the sun was shining in JULY, the lovely Teresa from navybluethreads nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I was flattered, and I can’t believe it’s taken me until now to write it up. I do appreciate your nomination, Teresa, honestly! The only sewing I’ve been up to lately is creating a gift for someone special, therefore I can’t share it here. So it’s time to write about something else!
So, for those of you who are unaware of this award, this is what it is…
Just like The Liebster Award, The Versatile Blogger award is a way for bloggers to get to know one another and to share their favourite recently discovered blogs. If you choose to accept your nomination there are a few rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and create a link back to their blog
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Nominate 15 other versatile bloggers
4. Tell the bloggers that you nominated them
Right, here goes. Thank you Teresa!! Yay!
Now for the 7 amazing and random facts about myself. Hmm…
1. My life achievement I’m most proud of is that I graduated university with a 2.1 in Retail and Business Management – but not only that; I was pregnant during my whole first year, giving birth to my daughter in April. I took my exams in June/July (not surprisingly, I can’t remember all the details!) and PASSED on only a few hours sleep (spread over the three months, haha). I then completed the next two years whilst bringing up my daughter.
2. Since leaving university I have done nothing amazing with my degree. Whoops.
3. I cannot stand Jimmy Carr. He makes my skin crawl. This is quite a random fact!
4. I went through a phase of listening to ’emo’/rock music in my teens. This was the time when Fall Out Boy was cool. I will occasionally listen to old Bullet for my Valentine tracks in the car when I’m on my own to reminisce…!
5. I’m addicted to EastEnders. Have been for years. If I’m honest I don’t think it’s that great. I just can’t stop watching now, can I?
6. I’ve never been out of Europe – and don’t even mind. I’m not one to travel the world. Which is a good thing, really, seeing as I missed my opportunity by having children!
7. I’m a middle child; I have one older brother (and a sister-in-law!), a younger sister, and a younger brother.
Now for the nominations… I’m afraid I’m going to break the rules here. Most of the blogs I would nominate have already been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award (it’s taken me some time to search through the blogs!), so I’m a bit stumped. I was reading Tabatha’s write-up on Thread Carefully (Tabatha makes me jealous with her cute dresses), and she wrote something that I am going to kind of copy… I hope she doesn’t mind! Instead of creating links to my favourite blogs, I would like to invite you to check out my blogroll on the right-hand side of the screen. These are the blogs that I read, enjoy and admire. I’m not sure exactly how many blogs I follow, but the list on the right certainly doesn’t cover all of them. There are 15, though!
I hope you find something interesting – maybe a new blog to follow 🙂