It was over a month ago that the lovely Jana at Me and My Veritas nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger award. Of course I accepted it – why wouldn’t I? Yet I haven’t shared it with anyone else yet. I thought now is about time!
So, firstly, THANK YOU JANA! Jana is one of my loyal readers, and I certainly enjoy her frequent posts too. She shares the cutest ideas of things to make for kids. She’s currently running a DIY Felt Tools series, which is just adorable. Of course she received the Very Inspiring Blogger award before me, and I think she’s a very deserving blogger indeed.
So, what is the Very Inspiring Blogger Award?
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers from fellow bloggers. It recognizes bloggers who work hard to keep the blogosphere a beautiful place.
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Display the award logo in a blog entry.
- List the award guidelines so your nominees will know what to do.
- State 7 hidden facts about yourself OR 3 things that inspire you.
- Nominate 10 other blogger friends for the award.
Jana said that she found different rules for #4 of this award; hidden facts or things that inspire you. Like Jana, I have already received the Versatile Blogger Award, which asks you to share 7 facts about yourself – so I am going to share what inspires me. Check out my old award post if you’re curious now!
1. My children. I love sewing for my children. They are so sweet and grateful. Of course I am inspired by their love of girly things.
2. Recycling. I love to look at things in a new light. I now can’t throw away old clothes for I want to refashion them into something new. A few of my old clothes have been upcycled into clothes from my children, and I have bought duvet covers and charity shop clothes to make ‘new’ skirts, dresses and more.
3. Reading blogs. Is there actually such a thing as TOO MUCH inspiration? I certainly get an awful lot of inspiration from reading blogs, as well as sewing magazines, and of course Pinterest!
This leads me swiftly on to…
These are ten of the blogs that I find inspiring. In no particular order!!
1. Sewchet. Check out her DIY t-shirt yarn. I saw a roll of t-shirt yarn selling in TK Maxx for about £5. Why would you pay that when you most probably have a t-shirt lying around at home you can cut up?!
2. Thimberlina. I’ve made a Grainline Morris Blazer after seeing hers, and I will soon make a Seamwork Oslo cardigan after seeing hers!
3. Navybluethreads. I’ve been following Teresa’s blog almost since I started blogging myself, and her makes are always inspiring. She churns out skirts like there’s no tomorrow! Especially Gingers!
4. Threads & Bobbins. Natalie started the whole Sunday Sevens thing. That in itself is quite amazing.
5. Saturday Night Stitch. Hila also inspired me to make a Grainline Morris Blazer. (Here’s her fab yellow one!) I also love her denim Hollyburn skirt. In fact I love a lot of her clothes!
6. Dressed by Dressler. I so badly need to make this lacy skirt.
7. Fabrikated. Kate is so talented and always full of advice and interesting, inspiring posts about sewing, fashion, fabric and more.
8. Making & Marking. She always choosing beautiful fabric for her beautiful dresses. And she’s just made two adorable quilts that have given me a bit of a kick up the bum that I need to get moving on my 2015 goal to make a quilt!
9. Made by Toya. Oh my goodness, the amount of fabulous clothing Toya makes for her kids makes me green. The most inspirational bit about her blog, though, is how she very often prints her own fabric designs. Just look at this fruity ensemble. Can you believe she drew all those fruits on the fabric herself? I HAVE to try it soon!
10. Sew Sensational. If Louise doesn’t inspire you to make several Coco’s, I don’t know who will!
Ahhh I could go on and on. Check out some other inspiring blogs on my blog roll to the right >>>>>>>>
Don’t be disappointed if I didn’t nominate you…. I feel bad but I can’t nominate everyone!
Now, less reading, more sewing!