Now we’re over half way through January I guess I should make some goals!
But first let’s have a look at my progress last year. My goals in Jan ’15 were:
- Sew something every week.
Well I definitely achieved this. I haven’t stopped!
- Use A LOT of the fabric from my stash before buying new.
HA! Totally went backwards on this – now I look back, I didn’t really have much fabric. Now my mountains are growing very tall. Oh my goodness I need to get sewing and stop buying. Of course I have a stash for my business, too – that’s separate. I have a box (overflowing) for Pink Bobbins. A box (overflowing) for dressmaking. And a big bag for anything that’s not dressmaking (overflowing). I buy fabric every week without fail. Ooops!! I may need to renew this goal…!
- Make a quilt.
Didn’t do this. Where did the year go?! I really want to though. Must make a start.
- Refashion a few items I have hanging around
I did some. These are my toddler fairytale jeans! A wears these loads – gutted they are really too short for her now! Hmm, I should upcycle them again; add something to the hems.
- Make my daughter a costume for World Book Day
YES! I did this! (The post is here if you’re new and want to see!)
- Sew with knits. Make a Coco dress and/or top like everyone else in the sewing world!
Yep, I’ve sewn a lot of knitted clothing this year. I made two Cocos!
- Try some embroidery.
I mentioned in my 6 month check that I had done some, yay! I need to finish the back of it, though.
- Learn more about different fabric types.
I know so much more now about different fabrics. There’s still a lot that I’ve never worked with; but I feel a lot more knowledgeable than I did this time last year. Hoorah :)
The last goal was half a joke…
- Finish a project before starting another one!!
Ermm…. no. Totally didn’t achieve this. I have a few UFOs…. I think they will remain UFOs for some time yet, too. I even mentioned one just now; I need to finish that embroidery hoop I made many moons ago.
OK, so 2015 wasn’t too bad, was it? It’s a shame I didn’t make a quilt, that’s really bad of me. I even know what type of quilt I can make with scraps, I have the idea, I think it was on Tialys’s blog.
Now, 2016 goals. Just a few.
- MAKE A QUILT!!!!!
- Participate in more challenges on The Monthly Stitch (thanks Teresa AKA NavyBlueThreads for the idea!!) This will start in February!
- Make some tailored trousers. (I have the fabric (of course haha), I have the pattern! Spoiler: It’s a new Simple Sew one. I will make these soon!)
- Make another World Book Day outfit. Better get my thinking cap on.
- Make (or work on) something for myself or my own girls once a week. This is an important one for me as I don’t want my business taking over the enjoyment of sewing for myself.
That’ll do. I hope they’re achievable. If I don’t make the quilt this year, I give you all permission to unfollow this blog. Shame on me. Haha :)